Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Book Review: God Send Me My Husband

Author:  Sherylynne L. Rochester
Title: God Send Me My Husband!
Publisher: Shekinah Publishing and Communications
Publish Date:  Feb 11, 2017
Buy: Amazon
Book Book: Follow a very naive Christian woman’s story as she learns the dangers of Desperation…



Meet Lailah, a woman of true Christian values that struggles between her fear that she may never find the right man to share her life with and her prayer to God to bring him in her path. What can happen if she lets herself stray from His loving embrace? What can happen if she allows desperation to overtake her?

Let her guide you through her inner thoughts, self-doubt, insecurities and fears as she finally meets her one and only – or is she letting herself believe that she does? In the end, is he her way to pure romantic bliss or a great disguise for a pathway leading somewhere else?



Strengthen your faith in the One who knows who the right one is for you and when it is the right time for you to meet the love of your life – even though it may feel like it takes a long time for marriage and romance to come.

Are you a devout Christian single that feels you'll never find a husband?

Are you thinking of just letting go and settling with just anyone?

Are you tired of the wait?

Are you looking for a good husband and to be happily married?

Are you needing answers about finding love and how to be happy?

Do you fear that maybe God has forgotten you and left you alone with no hope?


Review: God Send Me My Husband has to be the most unique piece of Christian fiction I've read. Its more than a little faith based, almost too much so for me.

Lailah is such a sweet thing. I loved her and wanted to shake her through most of the book. I wanted to give her the advice that I knew that my mom would give me and so would most friends, "if you can't love yourself, how can anyone love you."

Lailah has so many issues, and all of them are self esteem related and she is a girl that feels that you have no self worth unless you are part of a couple. The book opens with her attending the wedding of her ex, and that doesn't go well.

She definitely had desperation going on and she attracts the super gorgeous Miles, who is so wrong for her. As things progress, it is hard to believe that anyone could be so blind and trusting with some of the things he's done.

There are some ideas in this book that made me shake my head. At one point the women are discussing feminism and I almost put the book down. There were so many points where the idea that the man as the "head of the household" made me shake my head. It just doesn't suit the way the world really is. Maybe 60 years ago, but not in 2017. She blindly lets herself be led by Miles. I really started wondering how much she would accept from him before she finally cut him loose.

It took an awful lot to wake her up to how bad this guy was.

The ending however just blew me away. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting, but I was glad she was able to come to love herself.

Rating: 4 flowers


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs