Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: Looking Back at 2016



As I look back on 2016, I see that my reading has gone down again.

This distresses me, because I love books.

I love everything about them; print or ebooks. I love them all.

I haven't finished a goodreads challenge since 2013 and I have lowered my expectations each year too. Of course, in 2013 my dad's health started to fail and he passed away in 2014 and then in 2015 we moved. So there's been a lot of upheaval in my life, as well as my developing a strange affinity for facebook games.

That is one thing that absolutely has to stop in 2017.

I want to get back to books and get away from facebook, which also makes my nerves bad. (way too much political stuff anymore)

I haven't decided what number of books I'll try for in 2017, I may lower myself to 100. This year I read 114 and that was really hard.

I hope in the next couple of days to go through my books and come up with my best of list for this past year too. So many good books and not nearly enough time to read them

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs