Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: A Reading Slump


This year has gotten off to a slow start for me, reading wise. We've had temperatures that were just too damn cold to read.

I know that's crazy.

Its cold. The best thing to do is curl up with a book, but you can't do that in my house. You just try to keep warm. (Its pretty hard to read under 5 blankets!)

It doesn't help matters that my dad's health has been up and down. Its hard to concentrate when I'm worried about him. Also it doesn't help that Downton Abbey and Sherlock both aired last month. Ah...Sherlock, give me some Benedict Cumberbatch any day!

The good thing is, that the books I've managed to read were fabulous.

Here's hoping I can get back on track this month.

Anyone else in a slump this winter?

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs