Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Review: Not Another Wedding

Author: Jennifer McKenzie
Title: Not Another Wedding
Publisher: Harlequin Superromance
Publish Date: Oct 1, 2013
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: Net Galley
Book Blurb: 
Yeah, yeah…happily ever after. Whatever.

Sure, Poppy Sullivan believes in love…but love at first sight? Not likely. That's why she's determined to stop her good friend from marrying the wrong woman. So she sets to work immediately and walks right into the very impressive chest of Beck Lefebvre. Not a good omen, considering how things ended up the last time he was in town.

She isn't surprised to see Beck at his cousin's wedding, but she's appalled at his assumption that he deserves a second chance. She's equally appalled at her inclination to give it to him. No way is she falling for his charm again! Although her vow to resist him may be too late…

Review:  I had a love/hate relationship with this story. It took me much longer to read than most Superromances. I think it was because of the nature of Beck and Poppy's relationship.

I don't think I've ever read a romance where the characters took so long to get it together.

Poppy is home for her bff's wedding, but she's not sure he should be marrying Emmy. Things seemed to be happening too quickly, and while trying to find out if Jamie and Emmy really are in love she encounters the guy that broke her heart the last time they were together.

I usually like romances with second chances, but high school ones usually put me off. Beck put me off even more because he had so many issues with relationships because of his parents marrying and divorcing and marrying and divorcing.

Of course, I could feel for him there. You'd have to be mixed up if your parents were working on their 3rd marriage to each other. But oh, he kept screwing up. I wanted to shake him, and at the same time, I was coming to really like him.

Actually, as the book progressed, it was fun to see how clueless he was. I mean they get together and everyone thinks they are a couple and then Jamie and Emmy's wedding is over and he doesn't call her?

Oye!

Again, wanted to choke him.

It made sense that Poppy didn't want to give him another chance when he came back around.

But I think for all the frustrations, how they finally did come together was "real."

It was a little slow going but I did enjoy this one.

Rating: 4 flowers


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs