Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: I Need More Space!



You would think that after buying an ereader that I'd stop purchasing print books.

Ha!

I have more than ever now.

I really need more room in my house for them. They are on the floor. They are everywhere! It is insane. And I can't stop buying them, because, well, ebooks don't have pretty covers that I can look at when my eyes need a break.

I spent several hours today moving furniture around to accommodate my habit. I think things look pretty good too.

If only I could just turn my bedroom into a library.

That would be ideal.

My house would look neater, that's for sure. And I'm up for anything that helps make my house look neat.

2 comments:

The_Book_Queen said...

Oh, girl, I feel your pain! *sigh* If I was more of a handywoman, I'd seriously knock out a wall and expand my bedroom out, make it nothing but floor to ceiling bookshelves [which would be enough space for the books I already own and perhaps a few more . . . LOL]. Or hell, I'd just build a separate building on the back corner of my property and have my own library there. . . *dreams*

Clearly we need one of the hunky heroes we read about, one that can build anything, quickly. :)

Enjoy,
TBQ

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I had stacks of books on the floor in my bedroom and covering the coffee tables...lol.

I bought a couple more bookshelves, and then I started purging older books and giving them to the library.

It looks better now, but since I still buy books (although mostly for the Kindle), I know that I'll have to deal with the problem again!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs