Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: The 3 Star Review



There's a lot of talk about how reviewers rate books. I had a hard time trying to decide how to rate the books I read, or if I even wanted to, but eventually I did decide on the 1-5 scale that most people use.

Why then is there such a stigma on the 3 star/flower reviews.

For me that means a book is good. I enjoyed it. It was worth the time I spent reading it. It may not have bowled me over, but it was a good read. (Hence the rating)

Even if a book doesn't wow me, I try my best to focus on the positive aspects of the story as much as I can.

3 star reviews shouldn't offend the author, at least the way I see it.

For the most part I like most books I read. The 3 star/flower review is saying good job. This is a good book. The wow factor is what kicks things up a notch.

If I didn't finish or struggled to finish a book is what takes things down.

Honestly there are very few books that I don't finish and very few books that I rate less than 3 flowers. I appreciate the time and effort that authors take in their work and I think I'm safe to say that most book bloggers feel the same.

I don't want to write negative reviews, but I also believe in honesty, since I review everything that I read.

3 star reviews...not so bad really...

What do you think?

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs