Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things

I remember when summertime was my favorite time of the year for reading. Now I'm lucky if I can finish a 400 page book in three days.

I'm not sure if I can call it a reading slump, because that would imply that I can't read at all. I can, but my attention span is like that of a fruit fly or a gnat.

I can read about 100 pages a day, nothing more.

I simply can't do it.

And yet I have so many tour stops that I've got to force myself to read, and forced reading is never a good thing.

I just wish I could break this funk I'm in. I want to read. I have so many books waiting that I know are going to be fantastic.

I think I'll blame the heat. We don't have central air in our house so it gets pretty oppressive sometimes, especially when the temps get up in the 90s. I start to read and I end up falling asleep.

It just isn't fair.

Anyone having the same problem, or is it just me?

2 comments:

Nat said...

100 pages a day is not bad! A true slump is no reading at all. I experienced one when I was pregnant. I was so tired all the time that for the first trimester, I did not read at all. My family was worried about me! I think it's the heat. Get yourself to an air-conditioned Starbucks and bring your book and get reading!

Nat said...

Also, I stopped doing book tours because I hated being 'forced' to read. Read things you love, not things you feel like you have to read, or have to read by a certain date. That's my two cents!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs