Thursday, May 12, 2011

TBR Thursday Week 4


The purpose of TBR Thursday is to share some of the books on our TBR piles. You can post book covers or pictures of your TBR pile if you choose, but mostly we want to know some of the books on your TBR piles! Or for those of you that love your Ereader, you TBR shelf!
My TBR is massive, both on my Nook and in my house. I say house, because I buy books like I actually have time to read everything. I'm sure most of you understand that. Right? RIGHT!!!!
The Forbidden (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher, Book 2)
Here are some of the books in my house just waiting to be read:

I'm hoping to read The Forbidden as soon as I finish The Parting, which I have out of the YMCA lending library.

Here's the blurb for this book: Caleb Yoder's father has forbidden him to court Nellie Mae Fisher, but words alone cannot stop Caleb's devotion. Yet if he continues to pursue Nellie, he risks losing everything.


Nellie, too, is torn. She longs to marry her Old Order beau but cannot ignore the gentle pull she feels toward the faith of her New Order family. Can she and her beloved satisfy the expectations of the People while remaining true to their hearts?
 
Something BlueAnother book on my pile from the YMCA is Emily Giffin's Something Blue. I also have Something Borrowed on my TBR pile, and that one is a must read first because this is the second book.
 
ARGH! Why do I get caught up in book series?
 
Here's the blurb for Something Blue: Darcy Rhone thought she had it all figured out: the more beautiful the girl, the more charmed her life. Never mind substance. Never mind playing by the rules. Never mind karma. But Darcy's neat, perfect world turns upside down when her best friend, Rachel, the plain-Jane good girl, steals her fiance, while Darcy finds herself completely alone for the first time in her life with a baby on the way.


Darcy tries to recover, fleeing to her childhood friend living in London and resorting to her tried-and-true methods for getting what she wants. But as she attempts to recreate her glamorous life on a new continent, Darcy finds that her rules no longer apply.

It is only then that Darcy can begin her journey toward self-awareness, forgiveness, and motherhood. Something Blue is a novel about one womans surprising discoveries about the true meaning of friendship, love, and happily-ever-after. It's a novel for anyone who has ever, even secretly, wondered if the last thing you want is really the one thing you need.
 
So what's on your TBR pile right now?

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs