Thursday, May 26, 2011

Armchair BEA: Nurturing Relationships

Today's focus of the Armchair BEA is Nurturing Relationships.  Oh this is interesting, because I have 3 blogs, one is a personal blog, one is a group blog that is a lot of celebrity stuff, music reviews and food reviews and then I have this book blog.

The only blog that I've really established relationships through was my personal blog and that's because it is what it is. Personal. Which is funny, because I share more interests with book blogging people than I might with some of the people I follow through my personal blog. If that makes any sense.

I really think the way of establishing relationships and keeping them going involves commenting and replying to comments. I'm not a fan of twitter and facebook is a place were I play games. If I start spending time posting links to reviews at all the social media sites, guess what? Book blogging isn't fun anymore.

It is like Giveaways w/the clause that you must be a follower to get extra entries. What good is having 700 followers if none of them ever say anything to you?

I think I'm starting to sound anti-social, which isn't the case. I think when it comes to establishing relationships...things like memes and book tours are a great way to discover bloggers with similar reading interests. However, if you are like me, I hate feeling compelled to do something. I started out always doing the What Are You Reading meme on Monday...but then it started to feel like work.

However I'm really a tiny blog in a huge sea of huge blogs, so I really don't know. This topic makes me feel like I should be writing the "How To Be Popular" column when I'm the class nerd.

So what do you do to develop and keep relationships with your fellow book bloggers, because apparently I am clueless!

2 comments:

Daphne said...

I agree with a lot of what you said - especially the followers part. I would much rather have a small group of people who are truly interested in my blog rather than a huge group who were just there for a giveaway. For a while I even took the "followers" gadget off my blog, but I had to put it back since I got some requests from new people who wanted to follow.

Bex said...

Comments is a great way to start relationships and I definitely don't believe in trading followers for giveaways etc. Meeting people on bigger events, even if online--like ABEA, is great as well. That's how I've met all my lovely blogger friends I'm now Skype chatting with every day and it's amazingly fun!

My Nurturing Relationships post can be found here!

Rebecca @ kindle fever

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs