Thursday, November 25, 2010

All I Want For Christmas #6

This is a feature/meme where I choose a book each week leading up to Christmas and say why it's made it onto my wishlist – and I'd love to see what books everyone else is hoping to get!


The Choice (Lancaster County Secrets, Book 1)I found this meme over at Danya's site, so if you decide to play along, go there and drop off your link.

Author: Suzanne Woods Fisher
Title: The Choice (Lancaster County Secrets, Book 1)
Book Blurb: With a vibrant, fresh style Suzanne Woods Fisher brings readers into the world of a young Amish woman torn between following the man she loves--or joining the community of faith that sustains her, even as she questions some of the decisions of her elders. Her choice begins a torrent of change for her and her family, including a marriage of convenience to silent Daniel Miller. Both bring broken hearts into their arrangement--and secrets that have been held too long. Filled with gentle romance, The Choice opens the world of the Amish--their strong communities, their simple life, and their willingness to put each other first. Combined with Fisher's exceptional gift for character development, this novel, the first in a series, is a welcome reminder that it is never too late to find your way back to God.


Have I mentioned that I'm a sucker for Amish stories? If I haven't. I'm a huge sucker for Amish stories. I've really become addicted thanks to discovering authors like Marta Perry and Beverly Lewis in the past year. Now I gobble these books up like candy.

1 comments:

danya said...

I haven't heard of this one before, but Amish culture has always interested me as well. Thanks for sharing and hope you find it under your tree!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs