Thursday, September 23, 2010

What's Your Reading Comfort Zone?

I think everyone has comfort zone when it comes to books. You know, that genre you always read, or go back to after you try something different.


With me, its romance/chicklit. I love the stuff. It is great fun for me to read and I devour it like candy, but that's not to say I don't like other types of books too. I'll jump into a great mystery or memoir if the plot or subject matter suits me. Sometimes I'll even do horror, but it really has to be a plot that grabs me. Sure I venture out of my comfort zone every now and then, but it has to be for something "good."

I don't know about you but when it comes to books outside my "zone" I seem to read them more slowly. I'm still working on  John Darnton's The Experiment and its taking me forever to even get more than 20 pages into the book.

Why?

This thriller is way out of my comfort zone!

But the plot really caught my eye awhile back and I bought the book and now I'm determined to finish it.

So what is your comfort zone and how often to you read outside of it?

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

My comfort zone is with romance mostly paranormal and historical. About once a month I'll read out of my comfort zone and read some fantasy, historical fiction and maybe some horror.

Sugar and Snark said...

My comfort zone is mystery and YA. Everytime I go outside it I'm surprised that I like other books as well :)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs