Saturday, July 24, 2010

Author Interview: Amber Riley

I was lucky enough to be able to do a little Q & A with the author of The Flash of a Firefly this week. Here's what she had to say!

Vampire fiction is always popular, why do you think that is?
Vampires have that certain air of mystery about them. I think it fascinates people and makes them want more.

Do you have a favorite author of paranormal fiction?
Yes. I'm rather partial to Charlaine Harris.

What in particular do you like about vampires and werewolves?
I like that they can pass for human. You would never know if they're around you. They're the perfect predators.

What was your inspiration for The Flash Of A Firefly?
Kaden. I didn't have a plot when I began writing, but when I really looked at the main character everything clicked.

You stuck pretty closely to the original vampire myth. Tell us why you chose to do this, as opposed to creating a new one?
I'm a sucker for tradition. While I enjoy some of the updated versions, to me, the original myths make a "real" vampire.


Kaden was really a well adjusted vampire. Can you fill us in on some of his secrets?
He always does what he thinks is right, even if it turns out to be wrong. He knows the importance of having friends to rely on during hard times. He also doesn't underestimate the power of trust.


The end of The Flash of a Firefly really left us hanging. Do you have book two in the works yet?
Yes. It coming along nicely. I hope to have it out by next summer.

You can buy The Flash of a Firefly: Kindred Blood: Book One @ Amazon

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs