Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Taste Must Be Strange

No matter what I do, I can't seem to find someone who enjoys the same kind of books that I do that wants to talk about them. Even on the boards at the harlequin website, I can't seem to find anyone that wants to talk about books. Its more, talking with the authors, which is very cool.

But I really want to talk about books I've read that other people have read as well. I want discussion. I realize that its hard to generate discussion on romance novels but surely some people out there have to have opinions on the books they read, right?

I know in NYC there is a special reading group that one of my favorite romance authors participates in, but I'm not in NYC, I'm in rural PA. Why are all the book discussion groups for popular or deep thought provoking fiction?

I want to read and discuss romance and chicklit! I wouldn't object to a mystery or two if they were good ones either.

~sigh~

I know I'm not the only one reading romance. Our local Goodwill is always full of books, so I can't be the only one.

ARGH

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs