Thursday, April 1, 2010

Re-Reading

When I read that article about used books it brought up an interesting point. Most people don't read books twice. Most people?

I guess I'm not most people.

Granted I don't read a lot of my romance novels a second time, but there are several that I have, and I can't even begin to count the number of times I've read Gaston Leroux's The Phantom Of The Opera.

Not every book is worthy of a re-read, some are barely worth the first one.

So what constitutes a book that gets read at least a second time, if not a third or fourth?

For me it has to be characters that I feel some sort of affinity with. I connected with "The Phantom" when I was in high school. He's is literature's perfect misunderstood man. I cheered him on, even though I knew he wouldn't end up with Christine and I hated Raoul for it.


As for my romances, Heather MacAllister's Undressed is one from the Blaze line that I found myself revisiting. I loved the four brides' stories within a story. Plus it was pretty spicy reading. Definitely a book that was hard to put down and hard to forget.

What books have you read more than once?

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs