Sunday, January 31, 2010

Book Review: Chalie All Night

I've got a new favorite author after reading Charlie All Night. This book had everything that I like in a good chicklit, its got a bit of mystery, a love affair, but not too hot and heavy, its got music and its funny.

Alice "Allie" is a producer at a radio station who was just demoted from her job in the morning drive, and dumped by the DJ that just happened to be the guy who DJ'd the morning drive. But that's where Charlie Tenniel comes in. He's the new late night DJ and Allie wants to make him famous. (Charlie wants none of it) He doesn't get his wish though, through some blunders and sabotage Charlie's show becomes one of the hottest things on the air. But he's not there to be famous, he's there to help out his father's friend he didn't expect to have strong feelings for Alice.

Jennifer Crusie has created a book that's funny and fun and a quick read. Allie and her friends Joe and Harry and Grady are so lovable and their foibles make them more endearing. Even the dweeby, Mark of the morning show is likable when he's being a sneaky creep.

Plus when the mystery is solved, it works out well for everyone concerned, but I won't give that part away, you'll just have to read the book to find out what happens.

Charlie All Night was the first Jennifer Crusie book that I've read, but it certainly won't be my last.

2 comments:

Christine said...

This sounds good so I've just bought the ebook version (W H Smith's actually had this one!)...it'll be the next one I read so I'll let you know my thoughts on it.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I hope you like it!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs